Re: [OM] Longwinded gear question

Subject: Re: [OM] Longwinded gear question
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:51:03 -0500
At 04:46 AM 6/29/98 +1200, James Kirkus-Lamont wrote:
>Hi, I'd like to quickly say how pleased I was when I 'stumbled' across this
>list a few weeks ago! Finally people I can relate to in great taste in
>cameras!
>
>Now a few questions, sorry for the bombardment but I'm keen to get some info!
>
>-I have a T-20 flash I brought secondhand (with no manual) and I am unsure
>of the function of the lower slide switch that can be set at 'manual' or
>one of two 'automatic' positions. Some enlightenment would be very
>appreciated.

Since noone answered this, I'll take a shot. Set the ASA in the top window
using the top slider. The left position is full-power manual with an ASA 100
guide number of 20 (metric). The f#-distance combo in the paired scales are
used. Find your subject distance, and set the matching f# on the lens. This
position is also for TTL control by the camera, but the OM-10 does not do
that. The other positions are auto flash controlled by a sensor in the O of
"Olympus" on the front. Select one and set the lens to the f# above its
mark. The matching distance is the probable maximum usable distance. The
ready light voltage of the flash will set the OM-10 to the shutter sync
speed. For other flashes without a compatible pin, you will have to set the
mode control to manual, and, if you have a manual adapter, set a 1/30s or
slower shutter speed on it.

Paul Farrar
http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html