[OM] 2X TC becomes a 26mm auto tube... :-)

Subject: [OM] 2X TC becomes a 26mm auto tube... :-)
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:53:24 -0800
Last night I successfully removed the lens elements from my Vivitar 2X TC to
create an extension tube. I tried a few shots with my 35/2.8 and 85/2 and was
quite pleased with the bright image in the finder. Working distance with the 35
is a little close though...

Does anyone know if the aperture lever on an Auto TC compensates for the 2 stop
loss when taking meter readings? I know the OTF will read correctly, but I'm
wondering if my new "tube" has a built in 2 stop factor in the lever, which
could cause problems if used in manual exposure.