Re: [OM] Om3Ti - value?

Subject: Re: [OM] Om3Ti - value?
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 98 10:25:33 +0100
Kennedy

Until last year, I had not heard of any UK dealers not adding VAT to
second-hand sales; then Jessops had a series of sales to get rid of their
second-hand stuff and they said that they had a system whereby they could
avoid paying and charging VAT.  Indeed, I called one of the large
advertisers in AP a few months ago about a 300/4.5 and asked about buying
it tax-free and they agreed to drop the price by the VAT rate.

I should be very interested to know why most camera dealers in the UK,
large and small, appear to charge VAT on second-hand goods.

Chris