Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #330

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #330
From: "Bill England" <england@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:25:14 -0700
:
: I think I have the answer to the 85 vs 100 question.
:
: Get the 90 macro.
:
: george
:
        Absolutely, George! I have (and love) a Panagor f2.8 90mm macro. It's
one
of those great lenses that does double duty in the bag--a handy and fairly
bright portrait lens, and a wonderful macro. The 90mm focal length allows a
shoe-mounted T32 flash to evenly illuminate the subject, even down to 1:1
images. If I ever find a great deal, I'd love to pick up the Zuiko
equivalent.

        I finally did break down and buy a used Zuiko f2 85mm. It is a little
brighter and noticeably smaller and lighter. However, if I can only afford
the space for a couple lenses, the 90mm macro always gets the nod.