Re: [OM] 85 vs 135 (was "100mm/f2")

Subject: Re: [OM] 85 vs 135 (was "100mm/f2")
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 19:59:05 +0100
 Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asked

>  If I
> could choose two, the 85 would certainly be one of the two.  Would anyone
> say that about the 135?

Well yes.  I don't have the experience or choice of lenses of many on
this list, but my two most worked lenses just now are the 135 3.5 and
the 28 2.8.  When I use the 50 I tend to try the 1.5 teleconverter on
it.  As for 135 being too long inside (depending on your housing), I
think too many people try to fit head and shoulders too often and
aren't adventurous enough at cropping out the background to get only
part of the head etc.

Just my tuppence...

--

Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.