Re: [OM] Olympus Petition

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Petition
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:34:19 -0700
This is an interesting thread. And one that may acually have a chnce of becoming
reality.

The 200 macro is a great idea.  There is a lack of that focal legnth in the
macro
group.  It should not be a bellows lens, but one that can focus to infinity
IMHO.  I just checked Nikon price for MF 200 F/4 micro - it's $779.  Certainly a
doable price range for Zuikophiles used to paying $400 for a 40 F/2!

Now, I could be responding to an intended pun, but as for Buddys' 100-300 F/2.8
for under $1500, this is pretty wishful thinking. The lens would be quite big,
on
the order of the 350 F/2.8 And with ED glass and a zoom mechanism, I would guess
it would cost around, oh $6000 or so.  (Nikon has a 50-300 F/4.5 ED for $3000)

george