Re: [OM] AC adapter for T32 flash - Warning !!

Subject: Re: [OM] AC adapter for T32 flash - Warning !!
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Jun 98 14:09:27 +1000

The surge protector would only protect against voltage spikes on the mains
supply,  if the unit does overheat it will not protect it.  I guess you
could go to the trouble of modifying it with a thermal cutout,  but in
reality I would probably just build another charger and throw the olympus
thing away.

I can just see the owner returning home to his smouldering house, standing
in front of a pile of melted fused together zuicko's.   All this to just
save a $2 capacitor....   IMO not worth the risk....

Stuart Goggin