[OM] OM 2000

Subject: [OM] OM 2000
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:03:54 EDT
I was in Cambridge Mass taking pictures of  Harvard. A near by camera shop
(where in the past I had purchased an OM2n) had the new OM2000 in the window.

Naturally I went in to check it out -  it felt great. I liked the LED exposure
indicators more than expected. Since I had my OM2n with me I tried several
lenses of my Zuiko's out.  In general I liked it and started asking price.

The salesman then told me "I don't recommend you buying this camera  we have
had several come back. "

 Evidentally the mirrors lock up and have to be sent back to a repair shop due
to defects in the camera.

I asked how the new lenses were, and he said so far so good - none have come
back but the camera bodies are a real problem

I was saddened by this - not only because I would have bought one - -but
because it speaks to the quality of the product - and perhaps its future.

Can anyone else add to this?

Ken