Re: [OM] 100mm/f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm/f2
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:06:47 +0200
Dsamsara@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The 100 f.2.0 is an excellent lens, sharp and contrasty (it has an ED glass
> element).

It´s a very, very good lens and you will like the one stop more it gives
you.

> It is a little heavy and fat though

Big yes, but the mechanics of this lens are the finest you can get.
Incredible smooth focusing and the aperture ring is located where you
expect it, as a Zuiko (in contrary to the longer 90mm Macro Zuiko).
There are some diehard N*k*n owner (heretics) who adore the make of this
lens.

 -- you can't mount an OM body
> on a tripod with it unless you have a winder or motor on it.

I don´t know what type of tripod head you use (probably one with an
oversized MF quick release plate, Bogen/Manfrotto?), but I have no
problems with the ballhead I use.

> Built in lens
> shade is nice.

But a little bit to short.

Richard

ps I bought it new, it is worth every peny.