Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Jun 98 20:01:58 +0200
On Ven, 12 giu 1998 12:56, fdayrit@xxxxxxx <mailto:fdayrit@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>this would really be nice but given that  cosina designed and produced
>OM2000
>was made in collaboration with probobly nikon, this would really be a
>design
>change to fit a motor drive to it. this might even mean a complete redo of
>the
>shutter mechanism for it to tolerate the stress of a motor drive. we can
>only
>hope that there are other things in the pipeline that is along the true OM
>lineage and not cosinas in disguise.

I recall very old discussions about the space allowed to film for being
able to run at the speed of 5 fps between plate and guides. The conclusion
was that in order to obtain motor-compatibility they let the film to be
less plain that would be desiderable... Maybe there are some pros for a
camera without winder/motor.

marco