Re: [OM] More boring Wedding stuff...

Subject: Re: [OM] More boring Wedding stuff...
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 98 15:09:28 EDT
Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx> lamented:

<..very large snip..>
I am discovering that the G40 flash is underrated.  Without reflecting
surfaces, it seems about half a stop slow.  I'm going to exposure compensate
+1/3 and see if that improves matters.

Ken, do you mean "underrated"?  or underpowered, or overrated?  I have measured
all my flashes several times in different conditions with a Minolta flash meter
and they all output less than the rated guide number.  The Oly T-series flashes
are closest at an average of 140nder, the worst of the lot as 220nder.  Just
goes to show that all the flash vendors claim their units output more than they
really do.

John P