Re: [OM] Tokina 150-500 F5.6 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina 150-500 F5.6 lens
From: gfaulken@xxxxxxxxxx (Gary Faulkenberry)
Date: 11 Jun 98 13:23:54 MDT
Ken N.,

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably purchase the lens and test it this
weekend. The F5.6 aperture is not bad at 500mm,  but of course is a
little slow at shorter focal lengths. I do use Fuji Super G Plus 800
print film for most of the game shots, switching to slower speed film for
dug-out and pre-game photos. Incidently, the Sigma lens I referenced in
my initial posting is the 400 F5.6 APO. I also use the Tokina 100-300F4.0
ATX. It was the use of this lens that piqued my interest in the
150-500F5.6.   Another  issue in the purchase decision is how much
difference an additional 100mm will make. I have shot at 8 different
fields this season and have evaluated my shots and the shooting
locations. At most fields, the 400 is just barily adequate. The balance
between lens speed, focal length, image quality, and lens cost means some
compromise is necessary. Anyway, thanks for the input.

GaryF.