Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 98 14:10:29 EDT
>Medium format? Who needs medium format when these new superiour films
>like the improved Kodak Ektar 100 are available?

Two points.
First, the intent and spirit of the original post explicitly stated this was
not to compare one format or brand with another.
Second, I don't recall who wisely stated that no one format is suited to all
circumstances and conditions.  35mm certainly has its place, as does APS, 6x6,
4x5 and so forth.  Each has relative strengths and weaknesses.
As for the recent improvements in film technology, let us be careful not to
grin to greatly - the digital age is already here and our precious silver and
chemical craft's days are numbered.  It's is now only a matter of time and
price point.  Doubt that?  Pick up the current SinarBron catalog and see the
state of the art for a studio pro.

John P