Re: [OM] 65-200 lens (was Backlight flare)

Subject: Re: [OM] 65-200 lens (was Backlight flare)
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:18:52 +0200
> Soenke Jansen wrote:
>
>Hi Ulf,
>I just looked through your 'piccies' in the gallery.
>OK, I'm convinced, completely! If this lens guarantees THESE results, I
>certainly should go out and get one :-)
>These photos look like you are mostly using a tripod?!

Yes, a tripod is used on every one of these photos. For scenics and flowers
I always use a tripod, even if I technically don't need to. Makes me slow
down and think instead of just snapshooting.

Let me just say that the 65-200/4, well at least mine, vignettes wide-open.
This I've pointed out several times on this list, this is for Soenke and
maybe someone else, sorry, others. Other members of this list haven't
complained about this and my wife thinks I'm pedantic to the point of being
silly :-(. Vignetting disappears completely at f/8 and smaller. All of the
pictures in the gallery are taken at f/8 - f/16.

Ulf Westerberg