Re: [OM] Rubber lens hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Rubber lens hood
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 15:59:02 +0200
Ian M. Stewart wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've been enthuiastically using my Zuiko 28mm/f2.8 just lately, and
> because it is sunny I have been using my Olympus lens hood.  The
> lettering on it says 35-70mmF3.5-4.5  50mmF1.4  50mmF1.8  35mmF2.8
> Does anyone have an opinion on using it with the 28mm?  I cannot see
> any vignetting in the viewfinder, at F22 towards a bright object, but
> then the veiwfinder only shows 97percent....

Hi Ian,
I think you might have a problem there. A few weeks ago, I tried the
24mm/2.8 with the hood dedicated for the 28mm/2.8 because I never found
a used hood for the 24mm and couldn't detect any vignetting in the
viewfinder either. Well, I certainly could on the slides! Only the
outermost corners are affected and after framing the vignetting is just
barely visible. Still, once you noticed it ...
OTOH, the hood you mentioned is of the 'clamp on'-type, isn't it? You
might be able to shift it towards the body and thus avoid vignetting!?

Hope this is of any help.

Regards,
Soenke, Hamburg

PS: Need a 28mm-dedicated ORIGINAL OLYMPUS screw-on type rubber hood
(like new) that I don't use anymore because it's vignetting my 24mm?
Wouldn't possibly have a 24mm hood you don't need anymore because it's
too wide?
Anyway, mail me privately.