Re: [OM] OM-10 self timer

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 self timer
From: "Jim Worthington" <knoxmore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:19:39 -0700
Hi all...

The OM10 selector ring self timer orientation is indeed 180 degrees from
the lens input.  There should be definate detent stops at each of the 4
possible positions and the selector should not be able to move either way
past the 4 possible positions.

I have found a number of these OM10 switches with internal detent spring
arm broken off from the plastic selector ring, thus not providing detent
action.  The repair is not difficult if one can drill and tap a 0-80 screw
thread through plastic in the correct place, and has access to approprate
small tools and hardware.  I would be happy to share my repair method if
anyone wishes to contact me directly.

Jim Worthington
knoxmore@xxxxxxxxxx
----------
> From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [OM] OM-10 self timer
> Date: Wednesday, May 27, 1998 8:26 AM
>
> Hi all:
>
> Quick question.  Does the exposure mode selection ring on the OM-10 stop
when
> the selector is pointed to Self Timer, vs. continue to a point where it
is
> pointing opposite of the lens itself?  Are there click stops to the ring?
> Reason I'm asking is that I advised a dealer to uncouple an otherwise
fine
> Winder 1 from what I assessed to be an As-Is OM-10 and As-Is 50mm f/1.8
Being