Re: [OM] 2 Series Screen

Subject: Re: [OM] 2 Series Screen
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 18:12:21 -0700
Interesting observations, Winsor. I replaced the 1-13 in my OM-2S with a new
2-13 about two weeks ago and have had almost the opposite experience. The
difference in brightness was immediate, at all focal lengths and with both
fast and slow lens. Both indoors and out, in bright and dim light, focusing
and viewing was much easier. I also tried it with a 2X converter, which was
definitely easier to focus. The split image and micro-prism were still
useable even in dim light with fast lenses. The focusing aids do "disappear"
in both dim and bright light, but to me this is an advantage as they do not
detract from the image as with the 1-13. They're still there and easy to
find if you need to use them. The ground glass portion is also much easier
to focus. The image snaps in. I don't know if our different experiences are
due to differences between the OM-4T and the OM-2S, as I don't own a 4T at
this time to compare. All in all, I'm a very happy camper. It's the best
$36.95 I've spent in quite some time. Definitely a recommended upgrade,
IMHO.