Re: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment offtopic -

Subject: Re: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment offtopic - long)
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:49:42 -0500
Lars wrote:
>First, I congratulate Ken on his find of a classic Mamiya Press 23 and to
his
>resolution to lug the thing. I have owned one with a full set of lenses,
screen
>back, cut film holders and two 6x9 rollfilm backs, and I loved it. I sold
>it with regrets only because of the weight. Do consider purchasing a
wheelbarrow
>as an accessory.

Well, the camera checks out OK.  I must say that it isn't for the faint of
heart.  It weighs about the same as my entire camera bag of Olympus
equipment and takes up as much space as two OM bodies, and 4 or 5 lenses.
Oh, I forgot...  The rollback is as large as the new Volkswagon Beetle.

The swings and tilts work great and the ground-glass focussing screen makes
you feel like you are actually doing something serious, even if you are
playing around making a copy of your business card.  Unfortunately, it
doesn't have shifts.  RATS!  I was hoping it would have at least minimal
shifts, but alas, I'll still need to stick with my 35shift on the OM's.

Ken