[OM] A terrific day.

Subject: [OM] A terrific day.
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 23:39:02 +0200
Friends,

Today was such a good day. A day you really want to get out and take
some photos. I have a female email friend living in the US (North
Carolina) with whom I also "snail mail" with, and I am picturing things
around Gislaved so she will see how it look like here. So, today I went
to Scandinavian Raceway at Anderstorp (a town very close to Gislaved) to
photograph, and when I got to the Raceway a Porsche auto club had a
meeting and some races. Well, inspired by John P's mail and interest
earlier on, I started to shoot.
I know my equipment is not the best for such a photographing but "so
what" I thought. On my tripod I had my old Canon with a 400/6.3 lens and
in my hands I had my OM-10 with first a 200/4 then a 75-150/4 zoom.
It was a bit tricky as an auto focus would have been the thing to have
and I only had manual focus... I had simply to focus on a certain spot
first and when the cars came to the point I shot with both my cameras. I
only could take about two shots per lap however.
It was all new for me but very interesting. I am looking forward to see
the results, even if they come out bad.
By the way, I came driving to the Raceway in my Ford Fiesta (1.1 liter
engine) so not to mix up with all the Porsches I parked my car a bit off
side...

Later today I went to a very interesting place where they use to cut
millstones out of the rocks and transport them to an old mill somewhere
in the forest. The quarry started at around 1500 and lasted until around
1890. The forest are now covering most of it, but still one can see
half-made millstones still in the rocks, there are also a couple
finished stones that for some reason never got to the mill. It was all
very interesting and I used again both my cameras and quite a few
frames.

But I was extremely popular by some mosquitos... I was surrounded by
them in hundreds! Because of that I tried not to take too long time at
each picture and make up my mind ahead of the picture I was about to
take. So when I had taken one picture I decided how the next would be
and which camera to use, all to save time.
I guess I should be used to give blood as I am a blood donor, but giving
to the "mossies"... No way! It all was really my own fault though as I
walked around in shorts... (stupid as I should have known better).

Well, it sure was a great day today! I hope you folks had the same.

Time to sleep...

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen