Re: [OM] A Bad Olympus Day

Subject: Re: [OM] A Bad Olympus Day
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 01:26:02 +0800
I have been using OM cameras for more than 10 years, except a OM4T all my
other OM cameras are second-hand,  and now I own five, before that I had
own another seven, except a very cheap old OM1 sometimes the mirror cannot
return, non of them had any mechanical or working failure. But they do had
some minor (less than 1 stop) exposure problem that require tuning. Of
course you cannot expect a camera that never fail, selling a failed camera
will not guarantee your new one can work forever.

I heard from my two friends, they were Coxtxx fans, but they had very bad
experience on their cameras. One told me that there was light leakage on
his cameras and the other told me that he had an experience of having four
Coxtxx cameras but one day he had no camera to use, because all of them
were under repair, so he changed to Nxkxn. But the story was very old (the
RxS II years) I hope you are good luck with the newer stuff.
(the above is a true story)

C.H.Ling
Hongkong

----------
> From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [OM] A Bad Olympus Day
> Date: Sunday, May 10, 1998 11:39 PM
>
> Yesterday was a bad day...
>
> I selected my OM4T, 90 Macro, T2 Power Control, T28 Dual Macro Flash, and
> the ring to mount flash to lens.
>
> Did a battery check, no problem. Started to load 24-exp 100ASA Kodak
Gold,
> and mirror locks up. Change batteries, mirror stays locked. When I move
> lever thru auto to BC, get a short beep, not a continuous tone. Figure
I'd