Re: [OM] Activity of Mr.Maitani in Japan

Subject: Re: [OM] Activity of Mr.Maitani in Japan
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 08:35:09 -0800
N.Maekawa wrote:

>Mr.Maitani, a current executive of Olympus sales corp., who had been in
>charge of the development of Pen, Pen-F, OM, XA series in Olympus, and who
>had given his initial "M" to his "M-1", is very active in presenting his
>story since last year.
>
>His speech on M-1 development story was held in Tokyo in October last year.
>Next was his speech on Pen-F development episodes on March 15 this year. And
>third was on birth of Pen series on April 12.
[snip]
>And it is planned that the final speech by him on XA development story will
>be held in Japan Camera Museum in July. I have already made a reservation.

Mr. Maekawa:

Thank you very much for this report. I had suggested in the past that,
should Mr. Maitani ever consider a lecture tour of North America, he
would undoubtably find a wide audience of fans and admirers. Btw, do
you know whether Mr. Maitani can lecture and communicate in English?

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx