Re: [OM] How about IS series?

Subject: Re: [OM] How about IS series?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 11:58:44 GMT
On Thu, 07 May 1998 14:36:08 +0300, Hasan Kobakci
<kobakci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I am a newcomer to this mail group. As user of a OM-G, 35-70 Zoom for 12
>years, I am quite happy with the performance of this set.
>
>I am looking for a camera for my company to take indoor photos of
>material received or produced.(sizes ranging from few milimeters to two
>or three meters.)
>
>Since I will not personally use this new camera, I am considering a
>reliable, point and shoot type zoom camera.
>
>Would you share your opinions with me about my application and Olympus
>IS Series.

Hello Hasan.

Just a short remark on the range of the IS-3(000) camera, which is the
only one to be considered for your purposes. The IS-3 camera as it is
coming is well suited for object-to-lens distances down to 60 cm. With
the matching close up lenses you can come somewhat nearer, but you
will never be able to use it for real macro photography like you
intend to do (according to what I read from your lines: 'ranging from
few millimeters...').
Maybe I can help you further if you tell me what kind of material you
will be taking pictures of.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Holland.