Re: [OM] I too, Am Interested In An Answer To This One

Subject: Re: [OM] I too, Am Interested In An Answer To This One
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 19:45:17 -0400
Well, I suppose it matters some exactly *how* the foot is broken.  I have a
T-32 that broke its foot by tearing the threads out of the plastic.  I
managed to not lose the screws, so I filled the holes with epoxy resin and
let it harden.  Then I drilled very fine guide holes into the epoxy and
tapped new threads.  It wend together easily and is used regularly now.  Had
I two units as described in the original post and the foot was beyond even
economic repair, then I'd attempt a transplant by moving all the good parts
from the one with a broken foot into the good case of the one that doesn't
work.  Would probably put a big dent in an evening, but a soldering iron and
a gentle touch should do it.

John P