[OM] RE: Which OM35-70? - a happy end.

Subject: [OM] RE: Which OM35-70? - a happy end.
From: Vrabec Marko <Marko.Vrabec@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 18:23:04 +0200
Well, I solved my dilemma wheter to go for a 3.6 or a cheaper 3.5-4.5
version of OM35-70 zoom by buying an even more expensive 35-105/3.5-4.5
model... Thanks, BGT, for your tip! Greater focal range is indeed very
useful and with that close-up setting I think it will be an ideal lens
for my fieldwork. Little heavy, though.

As the ultimate purpouse of money is to be spent, I have also ordered
that 24/2.8 which I always wanted to have <g>. I do not know yet what my
wife will say...

I have ordered from PvT. He dispatched my order really fast and
fortunately I have chosen Express Airmail Delivery. The airplanes coming
to Svalbard these days are so full of turists that there is almost no
cargo space left for mail (only several kg per flight); EMS does get
through, however, and I got the package today.

Believe it or not, these are my first Zuikos. Looking forward to try
them out!

My only regret is that the package did not arrive one day earlier.
Yesterday night I had a wonderful 10km walk along the coastline in the
orange midnight sun and the mountains and the ice were fantastic. I have
taken a lot of photos with my Sigma 28/1.8 and Tokina 17/3.5, though.

It is sort of unfortunately that I am here on a study course in
Structural Geology, therefore I mostly have to use the wrong side of the
brain, photowisely. But after the concluding exam on friday I hope to go
for a 4-day trip in the wilderness where many beautiful shots are
waiting to be taken. But not shots at the dreaded polar bear, I hope!

Best regards,

Marko