[OM] Re: OM-3Ti/4Ti Brochure (Was 2-x focusing screen)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-3Ti/4Ti Brochure (Was 2-x focusing screen)
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 13:45:31 -0400
On Fri, 01 May 1998 16:08:31 -0600  Garth Wood wrote:

> I just received from Olympus America a variety of full-colour glossy
marketroid-type stuff on various products, including brand-spanking-new
versions of brochures for the OM-4Ti.  You don't go to the (considerable!)
expense of doing this if you've got an orphaned product.  (The brochures
are quite nice, BTW, and appear to be going after the "snob appeal" factor
of an expensive camera for serious amateurs and professionals.)

I, too, received a few brochures from Olympus America today.  The one I
received for the OM-4Ti is a composite OM-3Ti/4Ti brochure, which was
printed in Germany.  It is noted at the bottom: Printed in Germany · OE ·
16· 4/96 ·Hab.  It is in English and in the A4 size.  I am sure some of you
in Europe must have seen this brochure.  The last several pages of the
brochure feature Zuiko lenses (21mm/F2 and F3.5, Macro 50mm/f2 and 90mm/f2,
250mm/f2 and 350mm/f2.8, the 35-80mm Zoom plus a table of all the lenses
and focusing screens including 2-x), OM system tools the MD/winder 2, F280,
the Telescopic Extension Tube and Auto Bellows Unit, Focusing Screens plus
the VariMagni.

What I have in Japanese is two separate brochures for the 3Ti and the 4Ti.
The composite brochure printed in Germany has the same model and
illustrations used in the Japanese 3Ti brochure.  The Japanese 4Ti brochure
uses a different set of models and illustrations, and at the end of the
lens table it notes "as of September, 95" even though the printing date at
the back cover page is August, 1997.  The Japanese 3Ti brochure has a date
of July, 1997 on the back cover page.

I wonder how the 4Ti brochure Garth Wood received differs from the ones I
have.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-