[OM] Stars and Low temperature

Subject: [OM] Stars and Low temperature
From: sebastien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastien Roy)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:00:02 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all!

I was shooting stars recently on a mountain top, with a temperature
of around -20c. And then I wondered...

Does low temperature have any important effect on film sensitivity?
How can I compensate accurately for that?

Funny enough, my OM2000 handled the freezing pretty well
(actually better than my fingers) while my friend's electronic
Minolta got a frost bite and only worked half the time.

I was also wondering... (this might be a stupid question)
Since stars are quite close to true point light source,
could we use them to evaluate the resolution of a lense?

Sebastien

--
-- Sebastien Roy
-- NEC Research Institute, Vision Stereo