Re: [OM] T32 flash - more questions

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 flash - more questions
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 18:13:54 -0500
At 08:08 AM 4/25/98 -0700, Hank Hogan wrote:
>Dear Olympus Flashers:
>
>While we are on the subject of flashes perhaps someone can explain
>some things to me about the flash calculator panel on the back of
>the 50mm T 10 Ring Flash 1 panel:
>
>  Green dots (open circle) and orange dots

Green dots are manual setting for hi position, which is also marked green on
the switch. Likewise, orange for low manual setting. The white bar is the
TTL auto range, which in my experience should be obeyed strictly on the wide
end for the 4T. The 2N, however, can go about 1 stop wider.

>Anyway, to get the extremely short flash durations that I often need
>I have to set the switch on what I call the "green fourth degree symbol"
>It seems to be the same as the GN 52 symbol on a T32.
>
>Does anyone have any tips on using the T 10 Ring Flash 1 for other than
>macro photography?

Expect bad redeye?

Paul Farrar