Re: [OM] T32 flash - more questions

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 flash - more questions
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 08:08:08 -0700
Dear Olympus Flashers:

While we are on the subject of flashes perhaps someone can explain
some things to me about the flash calculator panel on the back of
the 50mm T 10 Ring Flash 1 panel:

  Green dots (open circle) and orange dots

Anyway, to get the extremely short flash durations that I often need
I have to set the switch on what I call the "green fourth degree symbol"
It seems to be the same as the GN 52 symbol on a T32.

Does anyone have any tips on using the T 10 Ring Flash 1 for other than
macro photography?

Terry and Tracey wrote:

> A while ago a thread was discussing the minimum distance that the flash can
> cut off, and differences between the 2n and 4T. (I presume the 2SP is the
> same as the 2n, as John H commented the limitation was due to computing
> power and spot metering, memory, etc).
>
> Anyway, I found this in an old Shipman book for the 2n.
> T32 Max and Min shooting distances on normal auto or TTL auto with 100 ASA
> film
>
> f stop        Range in meters
> 1.2            3.4 - 26
> 1.4            2.8 - 22
> 2               2 - 16
> 2.8            1.4 - 11
> 4               1 - 8
> 5.6            0.7 - 5.6
> 8               0.5 - 4
> 11            0.36 - 3
> 16            0.25 - 2
> 22            0.18 - 1.5
>
> Convert distances to another film speed, multiply by square root(new
> speed/100).
> e.g min distance at 400 asa f2.8 will be 2.8 meters.
>
> Distances are 1/2 for 1/4 power setting (GN 16).
>
> Apertures are effective apertures, where EA=fstop times (1+magnification)
> for lenses where the entry and exit diameter are equal.
>
> Just something I found. Numbers look like they should be different for the
> OM-4. They try to get too smart and do themselves in.
>
> Foxy

Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer