Re: [OM] pinhole with OM-3

Subject: Re: [OM] pinhole with OM-3
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Apr 98 14:53:58 +0200
On Mar, 21 apr 1998 11:51, Peter Leyssens <mailto:Peter.Leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Two remarks :
>1) I can use my 50mm to measure the light because the pinhole is about
>50mm away from the film plane.  *Very* handy, this one.
>2) I know the Schwartschild reprocity failure, so I exposed my first
>roll of HP5 with 3 times the exposure that I calculated.  This turned
>out to be overexposed by, I estimate, 1 or 2 stops.  I think HP5 is
>rather imune to reciprocity failure.  Now I'm exposing at exactly the
>times I calculate and we'll see what we get.

This fact (HP5 long exposures behaviour) was already pointed at on this
list. In fact HP5 is the fastest b&w film available for longest exposures.
Elite 100 is the fastest among the slides, if I remember well.

I wonder how did you calculate the aperture of the pinhole ?

Marco
mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx