Re: [OM] 81 Series Filters

Subject: Re: [OM] 81 Series Filters
From: Richard Sch?tzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:38:53 +0200
John Gardner wrote:

> John, Foxy et al
>
> I have a full set of 81 series (81A,B,C,D,EF) and I have used them all at
> some time, ....
>
> Because I use 6x6 as well as 35mm, all my warm ups are resin filters and I
> got the whole set for £5 (roughly $8) as they were slight seconds.

Do you have problems with reflections, ghosting. I´m considering buying
warming filters too. I´m already using Cokin grad filters and I noticed
some bad reflections under adverse conditions. MC coated glass filter
would reduce this, but they are much more expensive and you would need
different sizes if you want to use the lenshood. Do you keep the
correction filter on the lens for a longer time or do you change them
often.

I think I have to choose beween,

cheap, universal, but optical inferior (no coating, no shade)

and

expensiv, not so universal, optical better (coated, shade posible)

filters.

Any experiences?

Richard