Re: [OM] OM4 shutter trip via DOF preview

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 shutter trip via DOF preview
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:24:15 +0200
duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've got an OM4 that has a weird behaviour very occasionally.
>
>   If I DOF preview a scene and quickly release the DOF preview,
> sometimes (very rarely, but enough for me to notice), the shutter
> will fire.

My OMs do the same, after repeated very fast "use" (or better abuse) of
the DOF button. I think it´s because the reopening aperture gives an
impulse to the aperture closing lever, triggering the shutter mechanism.
It never hapened accidently, so your cameras mechanism seems to be too
sensitiv adjusted.

Richard