[OM] Varimagni variations

Subject: [OM] Varimagni variations
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:11:34 -0500
======
 Appearently the Vmf @
2.5x is extremely sensitive for incorrect diopter settings.
If only the OM-3/4 AND Varimagnifinder diopters had a dioptric scale or
at least zero correction markers - that would have helped me lot, since
I am shortsighted but wear contacts all the time when I use the
camera's and don't need corrections.
Hans
=======

Hans et al.

Thanks for the detailed calibration info on the Varimagni.  I have been
quite frustrated with my Vmg but will try to use it again with those tips,
especially regarding the 2.5x setting. In spite of the impressive looks
(and beautiful hard case)  of this angle finder I had only trouble with it
and was almost ready to sell it.
 Any idea why Olympus chose to build the Varimagni with inverted image?  My
old Canon angle finder was easy to use, sharp, and right sided....

(There are some quirks in the Olympus system that make you want to own a
Leica R8...;-(

Jan

P.S.: Speaking of Leica.  They make an ocular attachment that converts your
telephoto lenses into spotting scopes.  I saw Kenko makes one for other
brand lenses. Does anyone (you astrophotography people out there?) have one
of these attachments for their Zuiko  2.8/180 or 4.5/300?  Does it work and
is it worth the mullah?