Re: [OM] Adapter PEN F lens to OM camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Adapter PEN F lens to OM camera?
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:13:29 +0100
At 6:59 am -0700 15/4/98, Rand E. Tomcala wrote:

>Boris,
>  Yes, several of us own (and use, at least myself) Olympus Pen
>adapters.  I own a Pen to OM and a Pen to N*k*n.  There also exist Pen
>to Praktica/Pentax, Pen to Exakta, and Pen to Leica adapters
>manufactured by Olumpus.  Every once in a while, I hear of other
>adapters with no markings on them so I assume that they are not Olumpus
>manufacture.  Along with the adapter, I consider my Pen-FT an extension
>to my OM system that multiplies the focal length of my lens without the
>light loss of other devices.
>  Here are some of the focal lenth equivalents:
> Pen-F mm        Full Frame 35mm
>        42      equals  60
>        40              58
>        38              55
>        20              28
>        25              35
>        60              85
>        70              100
>        100             143
>        150             210
>        250             360
>        400             580
>        800             1150
>Rand E.
>
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>>vonstahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> Was just curious about whether there exists any adapters with which one
>> could use a Olympus PEN F lens to a Olympus OM body. Did Olympus manufacture
>> any such some time in the history?
>>  snip
>>        snip
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Boris von Stahl

Quick reply there Rand, good to hear that others are still using Pens -
Boris was asking a slightly diferent question though.  I haven't ever come
across a PEN F lens to OM body converter, and wonder whether the coverage
of a PEN F lens would be sufficient for full-frame without introducing too
much edge fuzz?

Have been looking for a OM lens to PEN F body converter for some time for
my FT.  Currently only have the standard lens and plenty of OM glass to
attach if only the converter was sitting in the gadget bag ;-)

All offers to me off-line please :-)

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com