Re: [OM] Bright focus screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Bright focus screens
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:05:05 GMT
Hello Tristan, Hans and others.

The brightness of the Beattie Intenscreen is about the same as that of
the 2-series made by Olympus. Beattie do more types of screen, though.
You can choose between plain and grid, and in both cases you can have
a split-image focusing aid built in, either horizontal or diagonal.
You could regard these as 'Olympus'-equivalent types 2-4, 2-10, 2-13,
2-14 and the combinations 2-10/13 and 2-10/14. They all come or the
same price (about $ 65)

I owe the 2-4 and 2-14 Beatties (came to me before Olympus even made
the 2-types) but I am thinking about one of the gridded ones, probably
the 2-10/13 combination (gridded with horizontal split image). But $65
isn't cheap, I must admit.... BTW, I don't own any Olympus 2-type
screens so far (but I have ordered one). I did compare them though,
when a fellow Olympus user brought along his camera with the 2-13 in
it.

Hope this helps,

Frank van Lindert,
Utrecht NL.