Re: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Photo Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Photo Gallery
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 21:53:56 -0600
At 03:51 PM 4/11/98 -0400, John Petrush wrote:

[snip]

>The top banner, olygallery.gif, looks to me to be about 1200 pixels
>wide (I didn't actually measure it).  For those with 21 inch monitors,
>that'll work grandly, but it looks out of balance at lower resolutions.
>Maybe 800 wide is a fair compromise.  Besides that, I have only good things
>to comment.  Only question I have is must all images be made with Oly
>lenses?  I have a few I would consider for submission, but were made with
>non-Oly glass (or mirrors as the case may be).

John, in order:

1. Yep, the image is actually 1280 pixels wide.  I could change it down.  I'll
think about 800 pixels.

2. No, I don't think it's necessary that *only* Oly lenses be featured.  After
all, if other lens manufacturers had the good sense to make their stuff in Oly
OM mount, the least we can do is acknowledge their taste and refinement.  ;-)

Garth