[OM] OM system to continue !!

Subject: [OM] OM system to continue !!
From: Paul Haigney <qpw5709@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 15:54:13 +0100
Hi All
Below is a reply I got from Vincent Marino of Olympus America about the
future of the OM system

Thank you for your inquiry.
 There are no current plans to discontinue the production of the OM
system !
   In fact, we recently introduced two new manual exposure slr cameras
and a number of lenses.
  The first was the OM -3Ti camera, which as a mechanical camera,
does not require batteries for operation. With batteries, however, the
OM
- 3Ti becomes the only slr that will allow full flash control. This
includes
TTL - OTF, All Speed Sync ( to 1 / 2000 th of a second when used with
the Olympus F- 280 Flash ) and flash auto.
 This fall we introduced the OM -2000. It offers two meters, an average
as well as a spot meter (,which has become an Olympus tradition),
shutter speeds from B, 1 sec. - 1 / 2000 th; flash sync speed of 1 / 125

th; optional dioptric correction; self timer and of course, use of all
other
Olympus  flash units and most all of our Zuiko lenses, ( use of the
Zuiko
600 and 1000mm lenses  are recommended ).
  Our new 35 - 80mm f 2.8 zoom lens has also been receiving rave
reviews from the pros and advanced amateurs who have been shooting
with it these past few years. In addition, we have added two consumer
grade lenses, the 35 -70mm f3.5 - 4.8 and  70 -210mm f 4.5 - 5.6 and a
new flash , the S -20 ( guide number of 46 with ISO 100 speed film ).
  We have also expended our accessory line, adding two new ultra
bright focusing screens, the 2 - 4n and the 2 - 13. These will fit to
any
OM -4 or OM -3 model camera.
 Olympus is committed to providing high end, OM system products for the
serious amateur and professional. In addition, we feel, and sales have
proven us correct, that the lower price point slr, such as the OM -2000,

and our " IS " series of ZLR cameras meet the needs of most consumers
and the average photo hobbyist.
   If you have any specific questions regarding these our any of our
other OM system products, please feel free to contact us either through
the Internet or at our Customer Support line ( 1 800 622 6372 ).