Re: [OM] Eyecup 1 Falling off body

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyecup 1 Falling off body
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 07:03:30 +0100

ONLYOLY BW wrote:

> ...  Here is my problem.  THE EYECUP 1 KEEPS FALLING OFF MY BODY.  Does anyone
> have any ideas on how to keep this thing on, short of glueing it?
> "So thats why the baby boomers are buying Autofocus?"
> BW

I have the same problem with my Eyecup on my OM1N. I have tried using a rubber
band to keep it safer, but this meant that when I bashed it accidentally, the
plastic insert broke off.  The only solution seems to be: check the springs for
deflection (and retaining strength) often and don't hang the camera around you
neck since the constant bouncing against your chest will work the Eyecup loose
and you will lose it :-(  I now have a little store of them (NLG15 in Roermond,
Holland, about 5.00 Sterling).

Chris Barker