Re: [OM] Question for John H.

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for John H.
From: JNVS44B@xxxxxxxxxxx (MR THOMAS N CURLEE)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 23:00:54, -0500
Just a comment on cleaning cameras.

Some years ago I worked for a company that made long roll cameras
(for school pictures, drivers licenses, etc.).  As a final cleaning
we wiped the flat black inside with a rag VERY SLIGHTLY dampened with
kerosene.  Let emphasize the the word slight.  We usually used a rag
that we could just stuff into a 100' 35 mm can.  Put 10 to 20 drops
(maybe a little more) on the rag, stuff it in the can, and let it set
for a few days to evenly spread through the rag.  When wiped on the
flat black paint the rag took all the finger prints and smudges off
and then evaporated in a day or less, leaving a velvety black surface.
  Use only enough kerosene to darken the surface you wipe but not
enough to make it look wet.  If you can squeeze out any from the rag
you have way, WAY, too much.

Tom