Pocket instamatics (was - Re: [OM] Interesting quote from MP)

Subject: Pocket instamatics (was - Re: [OM] Interesting quote from MP)
From: "Branko GT" <gjuro@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 05:57:08 +1000
-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Wright <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 31 March 1998 9:13
Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting quote from MP

<On 29 Mar 98 at 23:24, R. Lee Hawkins wrote:
<> Hi all:
<> Here's one the short news notes I ran across about Oly in MP
(4/73
<> p.12):
<>
<> "Olympus President Ken Kambe: The M-1 is the hope on which we
will
<> "As for Pocket Instamatics we would not touch it at present.  As
<Hmm....

<Two things I noticed here - the obvious one is that Oly has done in
complete
<about face since this statement with respect to "Pocket
Instamatics".
<
<Shawn Wright

Wasn't a reference to Pocket Instamatics in those days meaning 110
and 126 format cameras.  Pentax and Minolta came with posh 110 SLRs
and Olympus did not

cheers
bgt
-- Sig --- ( I'm the most modest <modestestest> man in the world ! )