Re: [OM] Working with the pros

Subject: Re: [OM] Working with the pros
From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 15:32:21 +0000
In article , John Petrush <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx> writes
<snip>
>A few shooters noticed and asked about my Oly's, especially the OM-2n with
>the 250 back (which was the only one there as best I could tell).  A couple
>even commented that Oly's were good cameras but couldn't match the results
>of their (fill in the blank here) systems.
>
>The fun part was when the photos went back to the local paper's editor.  Of
>the 9 pictures published for the race coverage, three were mine (OM-4T with
>Motor Drive 2,  using 21mm, 35-80 zoom and 300mm lenses).  I've never had a
>photo published in a newspaper before and it was most gratifying to see my
>work in print.

I always counter the line that "Olympus WERE good cameras but can't
match the results of my modern system!" with something along the line of
"I don't recall the laws of physics changing in the past 50 years so I
can only assume that your modern system only permits better results to
be obtained by less competent operators."

It usually stops them in their tracks and makes them think, but when you
go on to get results, as you did, it simply confirms how misconceived
they are about the benefits of their 'xxxxx' system!

Goog luck repeating your success!
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)