Re: [OM] Brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] Brassing
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:29:29 +0100
Snippety snip

>I've always looked at the brassing with pride as these are working
>cameras--tools.  Not closet models.  The shutter speeds are accurate and
>everything operates smoothly.  Considering the many thousands of pictures
>they have taken, I consider them "experienced."
>
>Ah, a new name for a heavily used camera:  "experienced."
>
>I do wonder about repainting or even anodizing the top/bottom plates of the
>2S.  Is this really an option?  Will it severely degrade the value of the
>camera?  Am I just being overly sensitive?  Is green a good color?
>
>If I do something, it would only be to the 2S.  I plan on selling the 2md.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Ken Norton, image66@xxxxxxx
>(Note the new email address, I'm trying to get my various lists off of my
>work email).

How about "Nortonised"?  A camera has to be very sturdy to survive your
globe trotting exploits.  How about asking Olympus US to provide you with a
test bed of OM4Ti, 3Ti and 180mm f2 and 90mm f2 lenses to test for them.
Pont out the publicity value for any companies products which survive the
test.  Bet you could also try Apple for a G3 laptop whilst you're at it ;-)

On the other hand you could spend your travel insurance on one of those new
something to 80'ish zooms and bring that along to a social so we can touch
it.

Colours - Beart racing green - the colour he painted the frames of the
factory Manx Nortons.  Would be appropriate for the shutter sound......

Ken, if you start reading EMail at home you'll never take any more photos....

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com