Re: [OM] Shooting the computer screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting the computer screen
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Mar 98 14:06:26 +0100
On Sab, 21 mar 1998 16:49, Javier Escartin
<mailto:javihu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I need to take some slides of figures over my computer
>screen (16' Sun screen) with a tele (100 f2.8) and a tripod.
>The figures are just colour lines and symbols over
>a black background.
>Has anybody in this lest have some experience with these kind of
>shots?  I was going to use Sensia (cheapest), take the
>meter reading of a 18 0ray figure on the screen, and bracket
>at speeds slower than 30.

looks all right. Only be sure to have no foreign reflection on the screen.
When I tried to spot meter a screen I found its black be far too black for
letting the spotmter to work. So the 18 0ray is a good idea. Of course you
know the 18 0ray should be a 50 0ray from the monitor point of view...

You could spot the white and add 2.5 stops just the same.  The screen is
far contrastier than nature, you have to bracket a bit. A tele is a good
idea also for lessen prospectical aberration.

Marco
mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx