Re: [OM] Macro Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Lens
From: Ken Norton <kenorton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:44:49 -0600
Lars wrote:
You are always getting diffraction! It occurs whenever the light waves pass
an edge, such as the edge of a diaphragm blade, or for that matter that of the
mount when the lens is wide open. When stopping down, proportionally more
of the light waves have to pass the d... edge, so that diffraction increases, and
at last it becomes the major cause of unsharpness.

Lars, this is the best description of diffraction caused unsharpness I have seen yet. Thank you. I actually understand it now!

Ken Norton
<thismessagewasdeliveredviatheolympusmailinglist> <forquestions,mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <webpage:http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html>