Re: [OM] Somebody that supports OM flash.

Subject: Re: [OM] Somebody that supports OM flash.
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:08:31 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Paul D. Farrar wrote:

|I was just looking at the specs for the new Quantum Qflash T2 (I haven't
|actually seen one live, yet.) One thing it supports is OM TTL flash with an
|optional module. Not FP mode, though. GN is 160ft, 48.5m. One great thing
|about the Qflashes is their extreme adjustability: manual goes from full to
|1/64 by 1/3 stop increments, auto is similar. This would be especially handy
|for OM fill flash with its 1/60 sync and lack of auto fill. You could get
|precisely the level of fill you need, while keeping the shutter at 1/60, and
|have enough power for good fill range. And if you have another system, or
|jump ship OM, just buy a different adapter. Now all I need is the $800 or so
|it costs. $380 for flash, $290 for turbo battery (which can be used with OM
|flashes, too, with a different cord), plus adapter, cords, etc. See
|http://www.qtm.com

Actually, the flash is a couple of years old, although
Quantum updated the T and X models to the T2 and X2,
respectively last year.  This flash, along with Sunpak's
J120 flash, supports  barebulb lighting which can produce
some gorgeous wrap-around lighting effects.  Furthermore,
they are smaller and lighter than the elephant-like T45.
For anyone who is serious about handheld, studio-level flash
photography, these are certainly worthwhile alternatives,
and priced to prove it!