Re: [OM] Fast teles

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast teles
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:58:39 -0800
Mark <mailto:om4ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>There was an aftermarket 135/2 availble for the OM mount. Soligor
>>made it in their C/D line of lenses. It has a 77mm front element and is
>>right around 4" long. It is shaped much like the 180/2 but is black and
>>smaller with no tripod mount. The weight is about the same as my 90/2
>>Zuiko (no scale handy). The lens is very sharp and has good contrast.
>>This is the only non-Zuiko that I have ever liked enough to own.

Very interesting! I'll have to seek it out. I doubt though that this
Soligor's weight is similar to 90/2 Zuiko. IMHO, it should be mucho
heavier.

Marco <mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just got an old Sigma 135 1.8 lens for OMs... Not yet tried seriously. It
>looks SC and very heavy! I hope to get a good DOF (that is very narrow) for
>portraits...

Yup, I have that one. It's a very sharp lens, even handheld, and sports
the now rarely seen Y/S mount -- Sigma's unsuccessful attempt to counter
Tamron's popular Adaptall system.

In my experience, this lens also works very well with Tokina's RMC series
7-element  2X TC.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA