Re: [OM] Koboron 120-600

Subject: Re: [OM] Koboron 120-600
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 02:46:10 +0100
Gary Schloss wrote:

> In the US, Vivitar sold this (an identical?) lens. I used to own one,
> until it was replaced by a more user-friendly Tokina AT-X 100-300/f4.
> This lens easily doubles as a self-defense tool :-)  Clearly, it needs
> a VERY sturdy support to produce acceptable results. You got it for a
> very good price -- way to go, Hans!

Yes, it was sold by Vivitar, you can still get the lens new from there
sister company Soligor (the sell it in Germany, so they should sell it
in the Netherlands too), the price was in January, 1499,- DM, they had
an price increase recently :-(

> Hans van Veluwen wrote:
>
> >The salesman (@ABRO, Zaanstad) thought it was only for a very short
> >time on the (Dutch) market, and that they're still manufacturing
> >for Leitz.

The lens was never sold under the Leitz or Leica brand.

It seem, that you had made a good buy for 550,-HFL

Richard