Re: [OM] the end game

Subject: Re: [OM] the end game
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 06:32:36 +0900

volkhart,

i never knew there was a difference in the different cd and cd-rom's available.
other than looking at the color of the reflection, how can we tell which one is
the more permanent type. regarding magneto-optical disks, what is their
lifetime?

> That depends on the type of CDR media used. For the greenish ones you are
> about right as the manufacturers predict a useful lifetime of about 10 years
> for them. However, the golden and blue ones are supposed to last 100 years.
>
> MtFbwy,
> Volkhart

i have been thinking of getting into electronic media but have been holding off.
so would appreciate the data, thanks

francis