Re: [OM] 2-13 Focusing Screen at Yodobashi

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 Focusing Screen at Yodobashi
From: Toshihiro Sugimoto <sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:17:56 JST
At [Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:47:26 CST], "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The MSRP (Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price) or kibo kakaku is 2800 yen.
> Yodobashi sells for 2100 yen.  I had additional discount ~16.% against 2100
> yen
> which yields 1750 yen.  Assuming the yen to USdollar exchange rate being
> 129 yen to a dollar, I theoretically paid about $13.60.  HOWEVER, you have
> to realize how much I spent for my transportation from DFW to NRT airport
> and within Tokyo.  So, $13.60 is not really cheap.

I happend to be at the same shop on 10th March, at very close timing
with you, and bought the same screen 2-13. I payed 2,100 yen. How did
you deal to get additional discount? Do they usually accept additional
discount? If so, I'll try next time.:-) It was on my business trip
from Kyoto to Tokyo. So, I didn't pay for the shinkansen, but my
company did.

I also visited Olympus Plaza, where I picked up the latest brochure
dated Feb.1998. It shows some discontinued items, 85F2 and T32,
although its zoom-adaptor and color-filters are still alive.

Toshi (Toshihiro Sugimoto) in Kyoto Japan