Re: [OM] Film to put in OM for travel/Baby

Subject: Re: [OM] Film to put in OM for travel/Baby
From: Ken Norton <kenorton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:41:25 -0600
>We don't need a WebCam, though! LOL.

What?  You don't want to see what's happening?  What I did last time was
send digital pictures every few minutes via email to the friend/family
list.  Kept the gory stuff to a minimum.  People want to see faces, not
body fluids.  The countdown to Baby Watch '98 has begun...

>Good luck on the delivery.  Hope there is a white ceiling so you can bounce
>flash the delivery.  It made for great lighting with one of mine, although I
>barely had time from priority #1 (assisting) to take shots.  The other
>delivery was all available light - yuck!  Take a macro since newborn faces
are
>too small for close focusing with a "normal" 50 mm Zuiko.  Gee, I added OLY
>material here.  :)

The new IS-3 with G40 flash (in bounce mode) will be great for this.
However, I too, will have the priority of assisting.  Don't forget the
camcorders too...

>In keeping with the thread: This would make a nice subject for Fuji Astia,
>although most folks want to see prints.  Fuji Reala might be best to handle
>unpredictable light sources.

Ah, yes.  Wierd light sources.  In our delivery room they turn the
florescents off when the baby is about to come and turn on these spot
lights that throw the contrast levels all over the place.  It really messes
up the camcorders.  I will use the Fuji 400 this time.  With the bounce and
direct flash and smaller lens openings, it will balance out the spotlights
better.

BTW, Excuse my ignorance, what is Fuji Astia?

Ken Norton