[OM] (Fwd) Greetings from Japan

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Greetings from Japan
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:49:00 -0800
Here's an update from Tomoko...

Shawn,

I am sending my greetings from Japan!

I am spending a spring vacation in Tokyo, Japan where my parents live.
Although I knew I would probably come here in March, I came a week and a half
earlier than the real spring break I get from my voice studies at a college in
Baltimore.

In any case I thought this trip would allow me to make a direct contact with
Olympus Japan and I would be able to present the results of my survey and the
accumulated OM wish lists in my mailboxes on my desktop PC.  I had hoped to
meet someone responsible, but I was able to talk on the phone with someone in
the marketing group of the Imaging Business Division at Olympus Japan.

Although I have most of the e-mails on my notebook PC, it looks like I won't
have time to convert more than 70 wish-list e-mails into a few appropriate
text files before I head back to Baltimore on Tuesday, the 17th.  However, I
feel better having spoken with an individual who knows I will be sending these
wish list items as well as the survey results electronically in the near
future.

Yesterday I went to Yodobashi Camera and Olympus Plaza.  Please relay the
message to the Olympus mailing list group that I picked up several brochures
on the OM series cameras, lenses and accessories in Japanese.  I find it
noteworthy that the two brochures of the OM3Ti and the OM4Ti were recently
printed in July and August, 1997, respectively.

I will be able to describe more about my impressions here when I get back.

with regards,

Tomoko Yamamoto

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School